Recipe: Lemon Olive Oil Cake (Foundation Social Eatery)
Submitted by Foundation Social Eatery
Lemon Olive Oil Cake
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
•½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs
• 2 ¼ cup sugar + extra for pan
• zest of 2 lemons
• 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 ½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spray 9” springform pan with cooking spray. Coat sides and bottom with sugar.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Whip eggs on medium speed in stand mixer using the whisk attachment until foamy.
5. Add sugar and lemon zest and whip on medium-high until pale yellow, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Still on medium-high, add olive oil in slow continuous stream. Mix for 1 minute more, until olive oil is well incorporated.
7. On low speed, add half of the flour mixture until combined. Scrape bowl
8. Add milk and mix. Add remaining flour until incorporated.
9. Pour into springform pan. Sprinkle top with sugar
10. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until tester inserted into middle of cake comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
11. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove springform ring and cool completely.